City of Talent Oregon / NewsCampfires & Briquettes Now Banned in Jackson County ParksDue to the current drought and Extreme Fire Danger, NO CAMPFIRES or BRIQUETTES ALLOWED in Jackson County Parks at this time.
No campfires even in designated campfire areas. This includes charcoal fires, cooking fires, warming fires, candles, tiki torches and other devices that emit flames or embers.
*Portable cooking stoves using liquefied or bottle fuels and propane/liquid-fueled lanterns are allowed.
While enjoying the forests or outdoors here are ways you can help prevent fires:
Here are some resources to help keep Oregon’s forests and communities safer this summer. ODF’s current public fire restrictions map
- Use a camp stove for cooking
- Stay on the roads – heat from vehicles can easily start grass on fire
- Don’t smoke – if you do, put the butts out and dispose of them properly
- Don’t use anything with open flame or that could cause sparks
- Check trailer chains to ensure they don’t drag along the road